Life’s little pleasures
Little things are often left unnoticed and now is the time I’ll take note of them and be thankful because it happened, it’s happening, and it can still happen.
1. The comfort of finally coming home after a long trip and heading straight to the comfort room to release your call of nature.
2. Arriving just on time in a meeting you’ve worried attending late to.
3. Scanning through old books in a secondhand bookstore and unexpectedly seeing a title you’ve been meaning to have for a very long time.
4. A stranger smiling at you.
5. The warm welcome you receive from your dog when you get home.
6. Reading a passage in a book which makes you feel connected and not alone.
7. Opening your piggy bank and seeing how much you’ve earned.
8. Discovering that a stranger shares the same interests and quirks with you. Instant new friend!
9. Singing indefinitely at a concert and not having any fears of anyone saying you doesn’t sound good.
10. Trying a food you’re unfamiliar with and ends up listing it as one of your favorites.
11. Someone becomes happy just by hearing you laugh.
12. Receiving a bonus. (No doubt about this)
13. A former friend whom you’ve had a misunderstanding with, looks at you, smiles, and then laughs afterward, as if nothing bad happened between you two.
14. Waking up in the morning through the sound of birds singing outside your window.
15. Getting a hug when you need it the most.
16. The feeling you get after arranging your messy closet.
17. Being able to ride the last train available for the day.
18. Hearing the sound of the one you love, breathing.
19. Completing eight hours of sleep on a weekday.
20. Scoring a General Admission seat in a concert and feeling happy and contented about it.
21. Sipping a hot soup on a cold morning.
22. Singing in the shower.
23. Receiving an “I miss you!” text from someone you miss, too.
24. Getting two peanuts on a piece of Hershey’s gold kisses.
25. Hearing your favorite song playing on the radio.
And the list goes on….